Should a medical emergency situation develop which requires immediate intervention by trained personnel, proceed as follows:
- Call 911. Reassure the injured person that help is on the way. Remain calm and provide the following information:
- Nature of medical emergency.
- Exact location and name of sick or injured person.
NOTE: Do not hang up until the emergency operator does so.
- Call the Management Office at (404) 847-9934
Provide the following information:
- Your name and company name
- Nature of medical emergency
- Exact location and name of sick or injured person
- Whether or not you have called for trained assistance
- A number where you can be reached
- Direct any on-lookers away from the area of the injured person. Clear the area of any objects that might impede the rescue or interfere with emergency personnel.
- Remain with the victim. DO NOT move the victim unless there is immediate danger of further injury. Keep the victim comfortable and warm.
- Designate a responsible person to do the following:
- Wait at the building’s main entrance for medical personnel. When they arrive, direct them to the injured person.
- Whenever possible, have an elevator standing for the rescue team.
NOTE: CPR training and first aid courses are available through your local American Red Cross and are sometimes offered through the Management Office. All occupants are encouraged to participate.